CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: Nuit Boréale at the Esplanade des Invalides
Applications are now open for 5 Canadian artists (3 French-speaking and 2 English-speaking) to play at the 6th edition of Nuit Boréale, the third largest event of the Fête de la Musique (the Celebration of Music in the francophonie), which will be held on June 21st, 2017 in a renowned historic place in Paris, the Esplanade des Invalides.
The purpose of this initiative is to perform for a French audience, including delegates from the European music industry, and provide Canadian artists with an exceptional showcase opportunity in the heart of Paris.
This event, which attracts between 15,000 and 20,000 spectators annually, will allow the chosen artists to benefit from wide media coverage from all around France and will therefore generate new business opportunities in the territory.
Sound Diplomacy will coordinate the selection of Anglophone artists for this event.
Submissions are due by March 17, Midnight PST
- The artist must be Canadian;
- General rule, the artist must have released an album within the last 18 months before the event;
- The artist must have a contract in place to commercialize its music in France and be linked with at least one professional European organisation;
- Ideally, the artist has an album already being distributed in France or planned to be distributed in France soon ;
- A press release of the artist specifically for France must be submitted;
- The artist must be accompanied by a professional representative for the duration.
The Anglophone artists to be chosen may also benefit from the financial support of FACTOR and other provincial programs, if eligible.
To submit your application:
Applicants must submit the following form before March 17th 2017 at midnight PST:
IF YOU ARE A COMPANY OR PROFESSIONAL AND WISH TO PARTICIPATE AS A BUSINESS ATTENDEE, PLEASE LET US KNOW. THERE WILL BE OPPORTUNITIES TO MEET FRENCH MUSIC BUSINESS REPRESENTATIVES. If you are interested fill in this form:
Please note that FACTOR is not administering this call for applications. You can direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
L’ADISQ coordonnera le comité artistique chargé de la sélection des artistes francophones qui participeront au concert. Si vous avez des questions, vous pouvez les demandez par courriel à email@example.com.