FAQ • About the MID Program in general
WHAT IS THE MID PROGRAM FOR?
The main objective of the Music Industry Development (MID) program is to foster the development and growth of the music industry in New Brunswick through project investment proposed by artists and music businesses based in New Brunswick.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Musicians, industry professionals and music businesses that are based in New Brunswick. A rule of thumb is: do you pay taxes here? Yes? Then you probably qualify to apply!
Government Departments, public agencies or other public institutions, and public or private broadcasters are not eligible to submit applications to this program.
ARE THERE DEADLINES?
Yes! The remaining 2020-21 deadlines are:
Marketing & Promotion
- April 1, 2020 | 6 PM AST
- June 1, 2020 | 6 PM AST
- August 4, 2020 | 6 PM AST
- October 5, 2020 | 6 PM AST
- December 7, 2020 | 6 PM AST
- March 16, 2020 | 6 PM AST (Eligible expenses can be incurred starting April 1, 2020.)
- July 6, 2020 | 6PM AST
Professional Development & Business Travel
- Rolling deadline. No applications will be accepted after 6 PM AST on February 16, 2021.
- Applications must be submitted at least two (2) business days prior to the departure date and no
- earlier than six (6) months in advance of travel.
For all components, decisions regarding the application will be communicated a maximum of six (6) weeks after the deadline, or six (6) weeks after application has been submitted when there is no deadline.
WHAT ARE THE MAXIMUM AMOUNTS AVAILABLE?
The maximum investment that an applicant may receive in a fiscal year for all components combined (excluding the Sound Recording Component) is $10,000. Most funding is calculated at 50% of eligible expenses. What does this mean? Simply, it means that if your budget of eligible expenses is $4,000, MID could fund $2,000 (50%).
MAXIMUM INVESTEMENT BY COMPONENT: See guidelines for details regarding these amounts.
- Emerging Artist: $1,500 (75% of funding)
- Sound Recording: $6,000 per fiscal year
- Live Performance:
- Domestic tours and live performances: $5,000 per application
- International tours and performances: $7,500 per application
- Domestic showcase: $3,000 per application
- International showcase: $5,000 per application
- Professional Development and Business Travel: $3,500 per application
- Marketing and Promotion: $4,000 per application