LARLEE CREEK HULLABALOO ANNOUNCE DETAILS OF ‘PLAY OUR STAGE’ CONTEST
Are you an emerging artist? Larlee Creek Hullabaloo wants you on their stage! Taking place August 8-12 in Perth Andover, NB, festival organizers are looking to fill a spot on their stage with emerging talent. By submitting an online application, emerging artists will have the chance to play a set at the 11th annual Larlee Creek Hullabaloo.
The contest is now open and musicians have until Monday, July 30, 2018 at 5PM ADT to apply. All applications will be reviewed by the festival’s Programming Committee to ensure they meet eligibility requirements. All eligible entries will be uploaded to Larlee Creek Hullabaloo’s Facebook page and the lucky artist with the most likes will win a spot to play at the festival and join artists like Lisa LeBlanc, The Ghost of Paul Revere, Séan McCann, MonkeyJunk, Còig, Earle & Coffin and more.
Timeline and Details
- From July 23rd to 30th Larlee Creek Hullabaloo (LCH) will be accepting online applications from artists; Entries are limited to solo or duo acoustic performances only;
- Competition is open to emerging artists across Canada; however travel and accommodations are the responsibility of the artist;
- Competition is open to all ages; however parental permission may be required;
- Artist must not have played the Mainstage of LCH festival in the past
- LCH to provide a 20-minute opening set on Thursday, August 10th;
- LCH to provide backline;
- LCH to provide each artist a weekend pass to the festival (excluding off site activities);
- All entries will be reviewed by LCH Programming Committee to ensure they meet eligibility requirements;
- Only those eligible will participate in the competition;
- Deadline to apply is Monday, July 30, 2018 at 5PM ADT;
- Public online voting will take place on LCH’s Facebook page and will run from July 31 to August 3, 2018;
- The winner will be announced Saturday, August 4, 2018
- The winner of ‘Play Our Stage’ will be notified Saturday, August 4, 2018;
- The winner will open for Earle & Coffin on Thursday, August 10, 2018;
- Benefits for the winner include performance opportunity at the festival, promotion on the festival’s social media platforms and artist credentials for the duration of Larlee Creek Hullabaloo.
About the Larlee Creek Hullabaloo
The Larlee Creek Hullabaloo is a not-for-profit outdoor music festival held annually each August in the Village of Perth-Andover, New Brunswick. Now in it's 11th year, their programming consists primarily of Atlantic Canadian musicians, with a marked spotlight on local and regional artists.
The festival reflects the diverse cultural heritage of their communities as expressed through their artist’s music, writing and artisanship while creating an occasion for the community to participate in and support the arts right in their backyard.
For more information visit larleecreekmusic.ca or follow Larlee Creek Hullabaloo on Twitter and Instagram or “like” on Facebook. Join the conversation with #LCH2018 #cantwaittohullabaloo.