Stephanie David is a Moncton-based Multidisciplinary Métis Artist originally from Cape-Breton, Nova-Scotia.
Often changing creative hats, Stephanie is a writer, dancer, step-dancing teacher, and film director with a Bachelor’s in Theatre. Always striving to express, share and learn more, she seeks new adventures to be whole.
Singing in front of an old drain pipe because of how it made her resonate was one of her first music connections. Stephanie has sung everything from operas and musicals to church hymns to country, folk, jazz, and blues throughout the years.
Stephanie has a true gift for improv which flows through all her creative work.
Stephanie was the 2021 Jane LeBlanc Legacy Fund Music Award Winner. Her award package included the following:
• Full assistance with recording and mastering (Eastern Hive Studio) and marketing and distribution costs (Cat LeBlanc Music).
• 1 to 2 session musicians, if needed, for the professional studio recording.
• One-year membership with the NB Film Co-op, Music•Musique NB, and the Writers’ Federation of New Brunswick.
• One-on-one professional development session with Kate Butler of She Said Feck! Records and Colin Fowlie of Colin Fowlie Music.
• One-on-one consultation with award-winning singer/songwriters Laurie LeBlanc and Lennie Gallant.
• One-on-one consultation with artist manager & record label owner Nigel Jenkins.
• Mentorship with Canada’s Music Incubator (CMI)
• Assistance with album art and logo brand creation (Cat LeBlanc and Colin Fowlie Music).
• Assistance with production of a music video (KenLar Productions).
• Creation of an artist website.
• Complimentary pass to the ECMA's in Fredericton in 2022 along with a showcase possibility.
• Time with well known online digital strategist Annelise Larson.