New Brunswick MUSIC INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT (MID) PROGRAM
Showcase Component | 2020-2021
** This component is suspended until further notice. For video captures to be used for online showcases, please refer to the Marketing, Promotion & Digital Initiatives component. **
- Provide investment for New Brunswick artists presented opportunities to perform in front of industry professionals and delegate buyers during domestic or international industry events, or other eligible events.
- Increase visibility and networking opportunities for New Brunswick artists during industry events or other eligible events.
- Encourage artists to gain experience and knowledge related to showcasing during industry events.
- Rolling deadline. No applications accepted after February 16th, 2021.
- Applications must be submitted at the latest two (2) business days prior to the departure date and no earlier than six (6) months in advance of travel.
Decisions regarding the application will be communicated a maximum of six (6) weeks after the application has been submitted.
- Domestic showcase: $3,000 per application
- International showcase: $5,000 per application
- The proposed opportunity is a showcase for regional, national and/or international delegate buyers at recognized industry events, including but not limited to, the East Coast Music Association Festival & Conference, Canadian Music Week, Folk Alliance International, RIDEAU, ROSEQ, and MIDEM.
- In the case of a non-industry event, the proposed opportunity must be a showcase for regional, national and/or international industry professionals and must be approved by the MID Program Officer.
- Applicants must have proof of event invitation and/or confirmation.
- Dates presented within a 100-km radius of the artist’s home base are not eligible.
- The application must be submitted before the start of the project.
- All travel must start and end in New Brunswick. When this is not possible or practical, please contact the MID Program Officer.
- Projects must be completed by March 15th, 2021.
Live Performance expenses are not eligible in this component. Please apply under the Live Performance component.
- The Applicant can be an individual or a registered business with Service NB (for groups and businesses). In both cases, applicants must be residents of New Brunswick twelve (12) consecutive months prior to the application.
- For projects submitted by businesses intended for artists: The artists must be residents of New Brunswick twelve (12) consecutive months prior to submitting an application.
- For groups, the majority of members must be residents of New Brunswick.
- Not-for-profit organisations may be eligible for some components. Please contact the MID Program Officer prior to submitting an application.
- Cover bands and tribute bands are not eligible. Exceptions may be made for blues, classical, jazz or traditional standards. Please contact the MID Program Officer prior to submitting an application.
Government Departments, public agencies or institutions, and public or private broadcasters are not eligible for MID funding. Not-for-profit organisations receiving funding from the Touring and Presenting Program - Touring Component or any other Tourism, Heritage and Culture funding programs are not eligible for MID funding.
- Up-to-date Applicant Profile;
- Proof of showcase invitation and/or agreement;
- International showcases: Information proving export readiness;
- For non-industry events: Proof of industry professionals confirmed to attend (emails, written correspondence, etc.);
- Description of the event;
- Short narrative outlining how the Applicant will promote and leverage the opportunity;
- Project Budget with specific expenses and revenues.
- Any other information relevant to your project.
2020-2021 Forms and documents
- Create Applicant Profile / Update Applicant Profile
- 2020-2021 Component Guidelines (pdf)
- 2020-2021 Application Form not available. The component is suspended until further notice
- 2020-2021 Application Work + Budget Document (questions from the online form) (Word)
- MID Tour Itinerary Template (xls // pdf)
- Parent or Legal Guardian Consent Form (pdf)
- 2020-2021 Completion Report (Link) // Link to come
- Completion Report Work Document (Word) // Link to come
- 2019-2020 Final Expenses and Revenues (Excel)
- Personal Vehicle Log (pdf)
- Payment Declaration Form (Word)
For more information, please contact the MID Program Officer on 506.383.6171 or by email at email@example.com