********** THIS COMPONENT IS NOW CLOSED FOR THE 2018-2019 FISCAL YEAR **********
MUSIC INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT (MID) PROGRAM
Provide investment for New Brunswick artists presented opportunities to perform in front of industry professionals and delegate buyers during domestic or international industry events, or other eligible events.
Increase visibility and networking opportunities for New Brunswick artists during industry events or other eligible events.
Encourage artists to gain experience and knowledge related to showcasing during industry events.
Domestic showcase: $3,000
International showcase: $6,000
This represents 50% of eligible expenses. The maximum investment that an applicant may receive in a fiscal year for all components combined (excepting the Sound Recording Component) is $10,000.
April 9, 2018 | 11:59 PM AST *Exceptionally, eligible expenses may be incurred starting April 1, 2018.
June 1, 2018 | 11:59 PM AST
September 7*, 2018 | 11:59 PM AST (*corrected from September 4)
December 1, 2018 | 11:59 PM AST
- The proposed opportunity is a showcase for regional, national and/or international delegate buyers at recognized industry events, including but not limited to the East Coast Music Association Festival & Conference, Canada Music Week, Folk Alliance International, RIDEAU, ROSEQ, and MIDEM.
- In the case of a non-industry event, the proposed opportunity must be a showcase for regional, national and/or international industry professionals and must be approved by the MID jury.
- Applicants must have a proof of event invitation and/or confirmation.
- Dates presented within a 100-km radius of the artist’s home base are not eligible.
- The application must be submitted before the start of the project.
- All travel must start and end in New Brunswick. When this is not possible or practical, please contact the MID Program Officer.
- Projects must be completed by March 15th, 2019.
- Applicants must be either a registered business with Service NB (for groups and businesses) or a resident of New Brunswick (solo artists) twelve (12) consecutive months prior to application. Applicants must have paid their last income taxes in New Brunswick.
- The majority of a group’s members must be residents of New Brunswick.
Note: Government Departments, public agencies or other public institutions, and public or private broadcasters are not eligible to submit applications to this Component.
- Proof of showcase invitation and/or agreement;
- International showcases: Information proving export readiness.
- For non-industry events: Proof of industry professionals confirmed to attend (emails, written correspondence, etc.);
- Description of the event;
- Short narrative outlining how the Applicant will promote and leverage the opportunity;
- Completed Financial Report Spreadsheet.
- Component Guidelines (pdf)
- Application Working Document (questions from the online form) (pdf)
- Completion Report Working Document (pdf)
- Financial Report Spreadsheet (xls)
- MID Personal Vehicle Usage Log (Word)
- MID Payment Declaration Form (Word)
- Parent or Legal Guardian Consent Form (pdf)
For more information, please contact the Program Officer on 506.383.6171 or by email at email@example.com