MUSIC INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT (MID) PROGRAM
Showcase Component | 2019-2020
- Provide investment for New Brunswick artists presented opportunities to perform in front of industry professionals and delegate buyers during domestic or international industry events, or other eligible events.
- Increase visibility and networking opportunities for New Brunswick artists during industry events or other eligible events.
- Encourage artists to gain experience and knowledge related to showcasing during industry events.
- Domestic showcase: $3,000 per application
- International showcase: $5,000 per application
This represents 50% of eligible expenses. The maximum investment that an applicant may receive in a fiscal year for all components combined (excepting the Sound Recording Component) is $10,000.
- April 1, 2019 | 11:59 PM AST *Eligible expenses may be incurred starting April 1, 2019.
- July 15, 2019 | 11:59 PM AST
- September 16, 2019 | 11:59 PM AST
- December 2, 2019 | 11:59 PM AST
Decisions regarding the application will be communicated a maximum of six (6) weeks after the deadline.
- The proposed opportunity is a showcase for regional, national and/or international delegate buyers at recognized industry events, including but not limited to the East Coast Music Association Festival & Conference, Canada Music Week, Folk Alliance International, RIDEAU, ROSEQ, and MIDEM.
- In the case of a non-industry event, the proposed opportunity must be a showcase for regional, national and/or international industry professionals and must be approved by the MID jury.
- Applicants must have a proof of event invitation and/or confirmation.
- Dates presented within a 100-km radius of the artist’s home base are not eligible.
- The application must be submitted before the start of the project.
- All travel must start and end in New Brunswick. When this is not possible or practical, please contact the MID Program Officer.
- Projects must be completed by March 15th, 2020.
Note: Live Performance expenses are not eligible in this component. Please apply under the Live Performance component.
- The Applicant can be an individual, or a registered business with Service NB (for groups and companies). In both cases, applicants must be residents of New Brunswick twelve (12) consecutive months prior to the application.
- For projects intended for artists submitted by companies: projects must be for artists that are residents of New Brunswick twelve (12) consecutive months prior to submitting an application.
- For groups, the majority of members must be residents of New Brunswick.
- Cover bands and tribute bands are not eligible.
Note: Government Departments, public agencies or other public institutions, and public or private broadcasters are not eligible to submit applications to this Component.
- Applicant Profile;
- Proof of showcase invitation and/or agreement;
- International showcases: Information proving export readiness;
- For non-industry events: Proof of industry professionals confirmed to attend (emails, written correspondence, etc.);
- Description of the event;
- Short narrative outlining how the Applicant will promote and leverage the opportunity;
- Project Budget with specific costs and revenues. A template document is available on the Music·Musique NB website;
- Any other information relevant to your project.
2019-20 Forms and documents
- Create Applicant Profile / Update Applicant Profile
- Component Guidelines (PDF)
- 2019-20 Online Application Form (link)
- 2019-20 Application Work Document (questions form the online form) (Word)
- 2019-20 Project Budget (Word)
- MID Tour Itinerary Template (xls)
- Payment Declaration Form (Word)
- MID Personal Vehicle Usage Log (Word)
- Parent or Legal Guardian Consent Form (pdf)
2018-19 completion report
- Completion Report Form *2018-19 MID applications only
- Component Guidelines (pdf) *2018-19 MID applications only
- Completion Report Working Document (pdf) *2018-19 MID applications only
- Financial Report Spreadsheet (xls) *2018-19 MID applications only
- MID Personal Vehicle Usage Log (Word) *2018-19 MID applications only
- MID Payment Declaration Form (Word) *2018-19 MID applications only
For more information, please contact the Program Officer on 506.383.6171 or by email at email@example.com