New Brunswick MUSIC INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT (MID) PROGRAM
Emerging Artist Component | 2020-2021
The Emerging Artist component is closed for the 2020-2021 fiscal year. The next deadline will be April 1, 2021 for projects taking place between April 1, 2021 and March 31, 2022. Stay tuned for an update early February 2021.
- To assist emerging artists from New Brunswick with the creation of tools and resources to further develop their career path.
Level of investment
- Up to 75% of eligible expenses, to a maximum of $1,500. Applicants may only receive investment from this component once.
- The maximum investment that an applicant may receive in a fiscal year for all components combined (excluding the Sound Recording Component) is $10,000.
Examples of projects:
- Production of a professional demo recording (typically 2-3 tracks);
- Marketing, promotional branding and design;
- Promotional video;
- Other tools and resources designed to enhance the applicant’s career.
- Read the MID PROGRAM GUIDELINES to ensure eligibiliby BEFORE submitting an application to this component
- Applicants can receive investment from the Emerging Artist Component only once. If you have previously received funding through this component or if you have released a full-length recording physically or digitally under the Applicant Name, you are not eligible for this component. A full-length recording is defined as having a minimum of thirty (30) minutes of play time.
- Up-to-date Applicant Profile;
- One (1) demo track (if applying for the production of a professional demo), and lyrics (if applicable);
- Quotes from all service providers (studio, producer, graphic designer, etc.);
- CVs or biographies of all relevant team members;
- A short narrative on how this project will help the applicant’s career;
- Project Budget with specific expenses and revenues.
- Any other information relevant to your project.
- 2020-2021 Completion Report (Link)
For more information, please contact the MID Program Officer by email at email@example.com