** THIS COMPONENT IS NOW CLOSED FOR THE 2019-20 FISCAL YEAR **
New Brunswick MUSIC INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT (MID) PROGRAM
Emerging Artist Component | 2019-2020
To assist emerging artists from New Brunswick with the creation of tools and resources to further develop their career path.
Financial Contribution and Level of investment
Up to 75% of eligible expenses, to a maximum of $1,500. Applicants may only receive investment from this component once.
The maximum investment that an applicant may receive in a fiscal year for all components combined (excluding the Sound Recording Component) is $10,000.
- April 15, 2019 | 11:59 PM AST *Eligible expenses may be incurred starting April 1, 2019.
- August 1, 2019 | 11:59 PM AST
- November 1, 2019 | 11:59 PM AST
Decisions regarding the application will be communicated a maximum of six (6) weeks after the deadline.
- Production of a professional demo recording (typically 2-3 tracks);
- Marketing, promotional branding and design;
- Promotional video;
- Other tools and resources designed to enhance the applicant’s career.
- Emerging artists who have never released a full-length recording. A full-length recording is defined as having a minimum of thirty (30) minutes of play time.
- Applicants hold the rights for materials to be recorded or owns the master of the eligible sound recording for which funding is being requested.
- The Applicant can be an individual, a group/band or a registered business with Service NB. In all cases, applicants must be residents of New Brunswick twelve (12) consecutive months prior to the application.
- For projects intended for artists submitted by companies: projects must be for artists that are residents of New Brunswick twelve (12) consecutive months prior to submitting an application.
- For groups, the majority of members must be residents of New Brunswick.
- Cover bands and tribute bands are not eligible.
Note: Government Departments, public agencies or other public institutions, and public or private broadcasters are not eligible to submit applications to this Component.
- Applicant Profile;
- One (1) demo track (if applying for the production of a professional demo);
- Quotes from all service providers (studio, producer, graphic designer, etc.);
- Lyrics (if applicable);
- CVs or biographies of all relevant team members;
- A short narrative on how this project will help the applicant’s career;
- Project Budget with specific costs and revenues. A template document is available on the Music·Musique NB website;
- Any other information relevant to your project.
2019-20 FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
- Create Applicant Profile / Update Applicant Profile
- 2019-20 Component Guidelines (pdf)
- **COMPONENT CLOSED** 2019-20 Online Application Form (Link)
- 2019-20 Application Work Document (questions from online form) (Word)
- 2019-20 Project Budget (Word)
- Parent or Legal Guardian Consent Form (pdf)
2019-20 COMPLETION REPORT
- 2019-20 Completion Report (Link)
- Completion Report Work Document (Word)
- Project Final Expenses and Revenues (Excel)
For more information, please contact the Program Officer at 506.383.6171 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org