********** THIS COMPONENT IS NOW CLOSED FOR THE 2018-2019 FISCAL YEAR **********
MUSIC INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT (MID) PROGRAM
Live Performance Component
Provide investment for domestic and international live performance activity by New Brunswick artists.
Increase the presence of New Brunswick artists in markets outside the province.
Encourage the career development of artists and the emergence of new talent and content.
Domestic tours and live performances: $5,000
International tours and live performances: $7,500
This represents 50% of eligible expenses. The maximum investment that an applicant may receive in a fiscal year for all components combined (excepting the Sound Recording Component) is $10,000.
April 9, 2018 | 11:59 PM AST *Exceptionally, eligible expenses may be incurred starting April 1, 2018.
July 3, 2018 | 11:59 PM AST
November 1, 2018 | 11:59 PM AST
- A minimum of three (3) confirmed dates in the domestic market and/or five (5) confirmed dates in an international market is required at the time of application.
- All confirmed dates must have written contracts, agreements or proof of booking between the artist/management and the venue, promoter, festival, etc.
- Dates that are in negotiation at the time of the application are not considered confirmed, but can be incorporated in the tour itinerary and budget. Only dates proposed in the application, both confirmed and in negotiation, are eligible for the Completion Report.
- Dates presented within a 100-km radius of the artist’s home base are not eligible.
- The application must be submitted before the start of the project.
- All travel must start and end in New Brunswick. When this is not possible or practical, please contact the MID Program Officer.
- Projects must be completed by March 15th, 2019.
- Applicants must be either a registered business with Service NB (for groups and businesses) or a resident of New Brunswick (solo artists) twelve (12) consecutive months prior to application. Applicants must have paid their last income taxes in New Brunswick.
- The majority of a group’s members must be residents of New Brunswick.
Note: Government Departments, public agencies or other public institutions, and public or private broadcasters are not eligible to submit applications to this Component.
- Detailed itinerary of live performance dates, including locations and travel days;
- If returning to a market, provide the rationale on why the artist wish to further develop the market(s);
- Signed contracts, agreements or proof of booking between the artist/management and the venue, promoter, festival, etc. for a minimum of three (3) dates for domestic markets and five (5) dates for international markets;
- Quotes from all service providers (booking agents, publicists, technical crew, etc.);
- Completed Financial Report Spreadsheet.
- Information regarding the promotion and the marketing of the tour is an asset.
- Component Guidelines (pdf)
- Application Work Document (questions form the online form) (pdf)
- Completion Report Work Document (pdf)
- Financial Report Spreadsheet (xls)
- MID Personal Vehicle Usage Log (Word)
- MID Payment Declaration Form (Word)
- MID Tour Itinerary Template (Word)
- Parent or Legal Guardian Consent Form (pdf)
For more information, please contact the Program Officer on 506.383.6171 or by email at email@example.com