New Brunswick MUSIC INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT (MID) PROGRAM
Marketing, Promotion and Digital Initiatives Component | 2020-2021
The Marketing, Promotion and Digital Initiatives component is closed for the 2020-2021 fiscal year. The next deadline will be April 1, 2021 for projects taking place between April 1, 2021 and March 31, 2022. Stay tuned for an update early February 2021.
- Assist New Brunswick artists, industry professionals and music businesses with the marketing & promotion of music-related content, services and projects.
- $4,000 per application
Examples of eligible projects:
- Marketing plan development (by/with a consultant);
- Marketing of a tour or Showcase;
- Social media campaigns;
- Video production;
- Promotion and marketing of Sound Recording. Expenses must be incurred within 18 months from the recording’s release date.
Marketing & Promotion activities involving showcases, live performances, and professional development & business travel are not eligible in this component. Please apply under their respective components.
- The Applicant can be an individual or a registered business with Service NB (for groups and businesses). In both cases, applicants must be residents of New Brunswick twelve (12) consecutive months prior to the application.
- For projects submitted by businesses intended for artists: The artists must be residents of New Brunswick twelve (12) consecutive months prior to submitting an application.
- For groups, the majority of members must be residents of New Brunswick.
- Cover bands and tribute bands are not eligible. Exceptions may be made for blues, classical, jazz or traditional standards. Please contact the MID Program Officer prior to submitting an application.
Government Departments, public agencies or institutions, and public or private broadcasters are not eligible for MID funding. Not-for-profit organisations receiving funding from the Touring and Presenting Program - Touring Component or any other Tourism, Heritage and Culture funding programs are not eligible for MID funding.
- Up-to-date Applicant Profile;
- Detailed proposal, including key objectives, expected outcomes, timelines and milestones;
- Quotes from all service providers;
- CVs or biographies of all relevant team members;
- Project Budget with specific expenses and revenues;
- Any other information relevant to your project.
- 2020-2021 Completion Report (Link)
- Personal Vehicle Log (pdf)
- Payment Declaration Form (Word)
- To submit a Completion Report for a project approved during the 2018-2019 or 2019-2020 fiscal year, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please contact the MID Program Officer on 506.383.6171 or by email at email@example.com