MUSIC INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT (MID) PROGRAM
Marketing & Promotion Component | 2019-2020
Assist New Brunswick artists, industry professionals and music businesses with the marketing & promotion of music-related content, services and projects.
$4,000 per application
This represents 50% of eligible expenses. The maximum investment that an applicant may receive in a fiscal year for all components combined (excluding the Sound Recording Component) is $10,000.
- April 1, 2019 | 11:59 PM AST *Eligible expenses may be incurred starting April 1, 2019.
- July 3, 2019 | 11:59 PM AST
- November 1, 2019 | 11:59 PM AST
Decisions regarding the application will be communicated a maximum of six (6) weeks after the deadline.
For projects under $500: There is a rolling deadline and applications can be submitted at any time prior to January 1, 2020. Decisions regarding the application will be communicated a maximum of six (6) weeks after the Application is submitted.
- Marketing plan development (by a consultant);
- Marketing of a tour or Showcase;
- Social media campaigns;
- Promotion and marketing of Sound Recording. Expenses must be incurred within 18 months from the recording’s release date.
The application must be submitted before the start of the project. Projects must be completed by March 15th, 2020.
Note: Activities involving showcases, live performances, and professional development & business travel are not eligible in this component. Please apply under their respective components.
- The Applicant can be an individual, or a registered business with Service NB (for groups and companies). In both cases, applicants must be residents of New Brunswick twelve (12) consecutive months prior to the application.
- For projects intended for artists submitted by companies: projects must be for artists that are residents of New Brunswick twelve (12) consecutive months prior to submitting an application.
- For groups, the majority of members must be residents of New Brunswick.
- Cover bands and tribute bands are not eligible.
Note: Government Departments, public agencies or other public institutions, and public or private broadcasters are not eligible to submit applications to this Component.
- Applicant Profile;
- Detailed proposal, including key objectives, expected outcomes, timelines and milestones;
- Quotes from all service providers;
- CVs or biographies of all relevant team members;
- Project Budget with specific costs and revenues. A template document is available on the Music·Musique NB website;
- Any other information relevant to your project.
2019-20 FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
- Create Applicant Profile / Update Applicant Profile
- Component guidelines (PDF)
- 2019-20 Online Application Form (link)
- 2019-20 Application Work Document (questions form the online form) (Word)
- 2019-20 Project Budget (Word)
- Parent or Legal Guardian Consent Form (pdf)
2019-20 COMPLETION REPORT
- 2019-20 Completion Report (Link)
- Completion Report Work Document (Word)
- Project Final Expenses and Revenues (Excel)
* 2018-19 COMPLETION REPORT *
- Completion Report Form
- Completion Report Work Document (pdf)
- 2018-19 Guidelines (pdf)
- Financial Report Spreadsheet (xls)
- MID Personal Vehicle Usage Log (Word)
- MID Payment Declaration Form (Word)
- MID Tour Itinerary Template (Word)
For more information, please contact the Program Officer on 506.383.6171 or by email at email@example.com