MUSIC INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT (MID) PROGRAM
Professional Development & Business Travel Component
Assist artists and industry professionals with expenses associated in participating in domestic and international music industry conferences, trade fairs, business trips and business development missions.
Assist artists and industry professionals in professional development activities including mentorship and training.
$5,000. This represents 50% of eligible expenses.
The maximum investment that an applicant may receive in a fiscal year for all components combined (excepting the Sound Recording Component) is $10,000.
Rolling deadline. No application is accepted after March 1, 2019.
- Applicants must submit one application per event/project.
- Dates presented within a 100-km radius of the artist’s home base are not eligible.
- The application must be submitted before the start of the project.
- All travel must start and end in New Brunswick. When this is not possible or practical, please contact the MID Program Officer.
- Projects must be completed by March 15th, 2019.
- Applicants must be either a registered business with Service NB (for groups and businesses) or a resident of New Brunswick (solo artists) twelve (12) consecutive months prior to application. Applicants must have paid their last income taxes in New Brunswick.
- The majority of a group’s members must be residents of New Brunswick.
Note: Government Departments, public agencies or other public institutions, and public or private broadcasters are not eligible to submit applications to this Component.
- Detailed itinerary and travel plans, including locations and dates;
- Description of the event(s) to be attended;
- List of contacts and meetings planned;
- Professional Development: Description of training or mentorship;
- Professional Development: CVs or biographies of facilitators;
- If returning to a market, provide the rationale on why the applicant wish to further develop the market(s);
- Completed Financial Report Spreadsheet;
- Any other information relevant to your project.
- Component Guidelines (pdf)
- Application Work Document (questions from the online from) (pdf)
- Completion Report Work Document (pdf)
- Financial Report Spreadsheet (xls)
- MID Personal Vehicle Usage Log (Word)
- MID Payment Declaration Form (Word)
- MID Tour Itinerary Template (Word)
- Parent or Legal Guardian Consent Form (pdf)
For more information, please contact the Program Officer on 506.383.6171 or by email at email@example.com