MUSIC INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT (MID) PROGRAM
Sound Recording Component
Provide investment for the production of New Brunswick sound recordings.
Promote the development and growth of the New Brunswick music industry through providing opportunities to create, market and promote New Brunswick sound recordings with market potential.
Encourage the career development of artists and the emergence of new talent and content.
$7,500. This represents 50% of eligible expenses in New Brunswick and/or 30% of expenses outside of New Brunswick
April 9, 2018 | 11:59 PM AST *Exceptionally, eligible expenses may be incurred starting April 1, 2018.
September 7, 2018 | 11:59 PM AST
- Full-length albums (30+ minutes)
- Mini albums / EPs (15+ minutes)
- Market-ready singles
- Applicants hold the rights for materials to be recorded or own the master of the eligible sound recording for which funding is being requested.
- In the case where the applicant is not the artist, contracts with the artist(s) relating to production and distribution of the album are required.
- Applicants must be either be a registered business with Service NB (for groups and businesses) or a resident of New Brunswick (solo artists) twelve (12) consecutive months prior to application. Applicants must have paid their last income taxes in New Brunswick.
- The majority of a group’s members must be residents of New Brunswick.
Note: Government Departments, public agencies or other public institutions, and public or private broadcasters are not eligible to submit applications to this Component.
- Full Album: Three (3) demo tracks;
- Mini-Album/EP: Two (2) demo tracks;
- Single: One (1) demo track of the proposed single;
- Quotes from all service providers (studio, producer, graphic designer, etc.);
- Lyrics (if applicable);
- CVs or biographies of all relevant team members;
- Project Marketing Plan (maximum 2 pages);
- Completed Financial Report Spreadsheet
- Component Guidelines (pdf)
- Application Work Document (questions from the online form) (pdf)
- Completion Report Work Document (pdf)
- Financial Report Spreadsheet (xls)
- MID Personal Vehicle Usage Log (Word)
- MID Payment Declaration Form (Word)
- Parent or Legal Guardian Consent Form (pdf)
For more information, please contact the Program Officer on 506.383.6171 or by email at email@example.com