** THIS COMPONENT IS NOW CLOSED FOR THE 2019-20 FISCAL YEAR **
New Brunswick MUSIC INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT (MID) PROGRAM
Sound Recording Component | 2019-2020
- Provide investment for the production of New Brunswick sound recordings.
- Promote the development and growth of the New Brunswick music industry through providing opportunities to create, market and promote New Brunswick sound recordings with market potential.
- Encourage the career development of artists and the emergence of new talent and content.
$ 6,000 per fiscal year
This represents 50% of eligible expenses in New Brunswick and/or 30% of expenses outside of New Brunswick.
- March 17, 2019 | 11:59 PM AST *Eligible expenses may be incurred starting April 1, 2019.
- September 6, 2019 | 11:59 PM AST
Decisions regarding the application will be communicated a maximum of six (6) weeks after the deadline.
- Full-length albums (30+ minutes)
- Mini albums / EPs (15+ minutes)
- Market-ready singles
- Applicants hold the rights for materials to be recorded or owns the master of the eligible sound recording for which funding is being requested.
- In the case where the applicant is not the artist, contracts with the artist(s) relating to production and distribution of the album (exclusive sound recording contract, co-production, license, etc.) are required.
- The Applicant can be an individual, or a registered business with Service NB (for groups and companies). In both cases, applicants must be residents of New Brunswick twelve (12) consecutive months prior to the application.
- For projects intended for artists submitted by companies: projects must be for artists that are residents of New Brunswick twelve (12) consecutive months prior to submitting an application.
- For groups, the majority of members must be residents of New Brunswick.
- Cover bands and tribute bands are not eligible.
Note: Government Departments, public agencies or other public institutions, and public or private broadcasters are not eligible to submit applications to this Component.
- Applicant Profile;
- Full Album: Three (3) demo tracks;
- Mini-Album/EP: Two (2) demo tracks;
- Single: One (1) demo track of the proposed single;
- Quotes from all service providers (studio, producer, graphic designer, etc.);
- Lyrics (if applicable);
- CVs or biographies of all relevant team members;
- Project Marketing Plan (maximum 2 pages);
- Recording previously released works: If there are works that have previously been recorded and released by the applicant, a rationale must be provided why they are to be re-recorded.;
- Project Budget with specific costs and revenues. A template document is available on the Music·Musique NB website;
- Any other information relevant to your project.
2019-20 FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
- Create Applicant Profile / Update Applicant Profile
- Component guidelines (PDF)
- ** COMPONENT CLOSED ** 2019-20 Online Application Form (link)
- 2019-20 Application Work Document (questions form the online form) (Word)
- Project Budget 2019-20 (Word)
- Payment Declaration Form (Word)
- Parent or Legal Guardian Consent Form (pdf)
2019-20 COMPLETION REPORT
- 2019-20 Completion Report (Link)
- Completion Report Work Document (Word)
- Project Final Expenses and Revenues (Excel)
- MID Personal Vehicle Usage Log (Word)
- Payment Declaration Form (Word)
2018-19 COMPLETION REPORT
- Completion Report Form
- 2018-19 Component Guidelines (pdf) *For 2018-19 completion report
- Completion Report Work Document (pdf) *For 2018-19 completion report
- MID Personal Vehicle Usage Log (Word) *For 2018-19 completion report
- MID Payment Declaration Form (Word) *For 2018-19 completion report
For more information, please contact the Program Officer on 506.383.6171 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org