New Brunswick MUSIC INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT (MID) PROGRAM
Emerging Artist Component | 2020-2021
- To assist emerging artists from New Brunswick with the creation of tools and resources to further develop their career path.
The deadlines for the 2020-2021 fiscal year are:
April 1, 2020 | 6 PM ASTMay 1, 2020 | 6 PM AST
- June 1, 2020 | 6 PM AST
- August 4, 2020 | 6 PM AST
- October 5, 2020 | 6 PM AST
- December 7, 2020 | 6 PM AST
Decisions regarding the application will be communicated a maximum of six (6) weeks after the deadline.
Level of investment
- Up to 75% of eligible expenses, to a maximum of $1,500. Applicants may only receive investment from this component once.
- The maximum investment that an applicant may receive in a fiscal year for all components combined (excluding the Sound Recording Component) is $10,000.
Examples of projects:
- Production of a professional demo recording (typically 2-3 tracks);
- Marketing, promotional branding and design;
- Promotional video;
- Other tools and resources designed to enhance the applicant’s career.
- Read the MID PROGRAM GUIDELINES to ensure eligibiliby BEFORE submitting an application to this component
- Applicants can receive investment from the Emerging Artist Component only once. If you have previously received funding through this component or if you have released a full-length recording physically or digitally under the Applicant Name, you are not eligible for this component. A full-length recording is defined as having a minimum of thirty (30) minutes of play time.
- Up-to-date Applicant Profile;
- One (1) demo track (if applying for the production of a professional demo), and lyrics (if applicable);
- Quotes from all service providers (studio, producer, graphic designer, etc.);
- CVs or biographies of all relevant team members;
- A short narrative on how this project will help the applicant’s career;
- Project Budget with specific expenses and revenues.
- Any other information relevant to your project.
2020-2021 FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
- Create Applicant Profile / Update Applicant Profile
- 2020-2021 Component Guidelines (pdf)
- 2020-2021 Application Form (Link)
- 2020-2021 Application Work + Budget Document (questions from the online form) (Word)
- Parent or Legal Guardian Consent Form (pdf)
- 2020-2021 Completion Report (Link) // Link to come
- 2019-2020 Completion Report (Link)
- 2019-2020 Final Expenses and Revenues (Excel)
- 2020-2021 Completion Report Work Document (Word) // Link to come
For more information, please contact the MID Program Officer at 506.383.6171 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org