New Brunswick MUSIC INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT (MID) PROGRAM
LIVE PERFORMANCE COMPONENT | 2019-2020
- Provide investment for domestic and international live performance activity by New Brunswick artists.
- Increase the presence of New Brunswick artists in markets outside the province.
Domestic tours and live performances: $5,000 per application
International tours and live performances: $7,500 per application
This represents 50% of eligible expenses. The maximum investment that an applicant may receive in a fiscal year for all components combined (excluding the Sound Recording Component) is $10,000.
- March 17, 2019 | 11:59 PM AST *Eligible expenses may be incurred starting April 1, 2019.
- June 14, 2019 | 11:59 PM AST
- August 16, 2019 | 11:59 PM AST
- October 1, 2019 | 11:59 PM AST
- December 2, 2019 | 11:59 PM AST
Decisions regarding the application will be communicated a maximum of six (6) weeks after the deadline.
- Minimum number of confirmed dates required at the time of application:
- Maritimes: three (3) confirmed dates
- Canada and/or international market: five (5) confirmed dates
- All confirmed dates must have written contracts, agreements or proof of booking between the artist/management and the venue, promoter, festival, etc. Screenshots of social media private messages will not be considered as proof of confirmation.
- A maximum of 3 dates in negociation can be submitted with the application. However, the date, location, venue and person with whom the applicant is corresponding need to be specified (e.g: email from the venue with a signature and/or from an email address such as info[@]venuename.
- Dates presented within a 100-km radius of the artist’s home base are not eligible.
- The application must be submitted before the start of the project.
- All travel must start and end in New Brunswick. When this is not possible or practical, please contact the MID Program Officer.
- Projects must be completed by March 15th, 2020.
A Live Performance application can include a showcase date but you cannot also submit a Showcase Application for the same showcase(s). The corresponding conference registration or showcase fees are eligible and the official invitation must be included with the Application.
- The Applicant can be an individual, or a registered business with Service NB (for groups and companies). In both cases, applicants must be residents of New Brunswick twelve (12) consecutive months prior to the application.
- For projects intended for artists submitted by companies: projects must be for artists that are residents of New Brunswick twelve (12) consecutive months prior to submitting an application.
- For groups, the majority of members must be residents of New Brunswick.
- Cover bands and tribute bands are not eligible.
Note: Government Departments, public agencies or other public institutions, and public or private broadcasters are not eligible to submit applications to this Component.
- Applicant Profile
- Detailed itinerary of live performance dates, including locations and travel days;
- If returning to a market, provide the rationale on why the artist wish to further develop the market(s);
- Signed contracts, agreements or proof of booking between the artist/management and the venue, promoter, festival, etc. for a minimum of three (3) dates in the Maritimes and five (5) dates in Canada and/or international market;
- Quotes from all service providers (booking agents, publicists, technical crew, etc.);
- Information regarding the promotion and the marketing of the tour must be provided;
- Project Budget with specific costs and revenues. A template document is available on the Music·Musique NB website;
- Any other information relevant to your project.
2019-20 Forms and documents
- Create Applicant Profile / Update Applicant Profile
- 2019-20 Component Guidelines (pdf)
- 2019-20 Online Application Form (Link)
- 2019-20 Application Work Document (questions form the online form) (Word)
- 2019-20 Project Budget (Word)
- MID Tour Itinerary Template (xls)
- Parent or Legal Guardian Consent Form (pdf)
2019-20 Completion Report
- 2019-20 Completion Report (Link)
- Completion Report Work Document (Word)
- Project Final Expenses and Revenues (Excel)
- MID Personal Vehicle Usage Log (Word)
- Payment Declaration Form (Word)
For more information, please contact the Program Officer on 506.383.6171 or by email at email@example.com