If you receive funding through the Music Industry Development (MID) Program, you must acknowledge the support of the Government of New Brunswick (GNB) and Music·Musique NB (MNB), in both official languages when applicable. Proof of acknowledgement must be submitted with the project’s completion report.
Before you print, publish, or commercially release any MID-funded material or projects, contact the MID Program Officer to ensure all the guidelines are met. We highly recommend that you send proofs of all album artwork, press or promotional materials (including ads, press releases, etc.) to the MID Program Officer so we can identify any issues.
Ways to acknowledge the support of the GNB and MNB:
- Logos on tour or showcase posters, flyers, ads, or promo cards (printed or digital);
- Verbal acknowledgement during a performance;
- Acknowledgement text and/or logos at the bottom of a press release, EPK, one-sheet, newsletters, or website;
- Acknowledgement text and/or logos at the end credits of a video or under the video description and credits on the online video-sharing platform;
- Acknowledgement text on a Facebook event created for MID-funded project;
- Give us a shout out during a video blog or social media video update;
- For Sound Recording projects (physical release): Logos at the back or interior of the album cover, or in the liner notes;
- For Sound Recording projects (digital release): Acknowledgement text and/or logos on any web page through which the Sound Recording or digital files are offered for streaming or for sale (where allowed by the third-party).
Links (for online material)
- Facebook: @GovNB @GouvNB @MusicMusiqueNB
- Twitter: @Gov_NB @Gouv_NB @MusicMusiqueNB
- Instagram: @MusicMusiqueNB
- We recognize the support of the Government of New Brunswick and Music·Musique NB. / Nous reconnaissons l’appui du gouvernement du Nouveau-Brunswick et de Music·Musique NB.
Ways to acknowledge the support of the GNB and MNB when you get the MID funding confirmation after the project’s end date
With the various deadlines and jury process times, we recognize that an Applicant may only receive funding confirmation once the project is over. Here are ways to acknowledge the support of the Government of New Brunswick and Music·Musique NB in this case:
- Post a picture or a video about the funded project. Don't forget the Acknowledgement text and to tag us.
- In a social media post, mention that you received funding through the MID program for X project. (e.g. ‘’We recently went on tour and received funding through the MID program! We want to thank the @GNB and @MNB for their support. The next MID program deadline is DATE and you could be eligible for funding too + link.’’);
- Add the Acknowledgement text and/or logos to your website. You can also mention which project it was for. (e.g. Thank you to the GNB and MNB for their investment in our last East Coast tour!)
- For Sound Recording projects (physical album): Add the logos if you are printing more albums. If there is no reprint, add the acknowledgement text and/or logos on any future promotion or album marketing material.
- For Sound Recording projects (digital): Add the acknowledgement text and/or logos on any web page through which the sound recording or digital files are offered for streaming or for sale (where allowed by the third-party).
Please note that failure to provide the appropriate acknowledgements and logos, as assessed solely by MNB, may result in a reduction of investment of up to 15% of the approved funding.
If you have any questions, please contact the MID Program Officer at email@example.com