New Brunswick MUSIC INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT (MID) PROGRAM
Marketing, Promotion and Digital Initiatives Component | 2020-2021
** For updates to this component due to COVID-19, please read this document. **
- Assist New Brunswick artists, industry professionals and music businesses with the marketing & promotion of music-related content, services and projects.
The remaining deadlines for the 2020-2021 fiscal year are:
- August 4, 2020 | 6 PM AST
- October 5, 2020 | 6 PM AST
- December 7, 2020 | 6 PM AST
Decisions regarding the application will be communicated a maximum of six (6) weeks after the deadline.
- $4,000 per application
Examples of eligible projects:
- Marketing plan development (by/with a consultant);
- Marketing of a tour or Showcase;
- Social media campaigns;
- Video production;
- Promotion and marketing of Sound Recording. Expenses must be incurred within 18 months from the recording’s release date.
Marketing & Promotion activities involving showcases, live performances, and professional development & business travel are not eligible in this component. Please apply under their respective components.
- The Applicant can be an individual or a registered business with Service NB (for groups and businesses). In both cases, applicants must be residents of New Brunswick twelve (12) consecutive months prior to the application.
- For projects submitted by businesses intended for artists: The artists must be residents of New Brunswick twelve (12) consecutive months prior to submitting an application.
- For groups, the majority of members must be residents of New Brunswick.
- Cover bands and tribute bands are not eligible. Exceptions may be made for blues, classical, jazz or traditional standards. Please contact the MID Program Officer prior to submitting an application.
Government Departments, public agencies or institutions, and public or private broadcasters are not eligible for MID funding. Not-for-profit organisations receiving funding from the Touring and Presenting Program - Touring Component or any other Tourism, Heritage and Culture funding programs are not eligible for MID funding.
- Up-to-date Applicant Profile;
- Detailed proposal, including key objectives, expected outcomes, timelines and milestones;
- Quotes from all service providers;
- CVs or biographies of all relevant team members;
- Project Budget with specific expenses and revenues;
- Any other information relevant to your project.
2020-2021 Forms and documents
- Create Applicant Profile / Update Applicant Profile
- 2020-2021 Component Guidelines (pdf)
**All 2020-21 MID guidelines are subject to the COVID-19 updated information found in the document mentioned at the top of this page.
- 2020-2021 Application Form (Link)
- 2020-2021 Application Work + Budget Document (questions from the online form) (Word)
- MID Tour Itinerary Template (xls // pdf)
- Parent or Legal Guardian Consent Form (pdf)
- 2020-2021 Completion Report (Link) // Link to come
- 2019-2020 Completion Report (Link)
- Completion Report Work Document (Word) // Link to come
- Final Expenses and Revenues (Excel)
- Personal Vehicle Log (pdf)
- Payment Declaration Form (Word)
For more information, please contact the MID Program Officer on 506.383.6171 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org