New Brunswick MUSIC INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT (MID) PROGRAM
Professional Development & Business Travel Component | 2020-2021
** For updates to this component due to COVID-19, please read this document. **
- Assist artists and industry professionals with expenses associated in participating in domestic and international music industry conferences, trade fairs, business trips and business development missions.
- Assist artists and industry professionals in professional development activities including mentorship and training.
- Rolling deadline. No applications accepted after February 16, 2021.
- Applications must be submitted at the latest two (2) business days prior to the departure date and no earlier than six (6) months in advance of travel.
Decisions regarding the application will be communicated a maximum of six (6) weeks after the application has been submitted.
- $3,500 per application
- Applicants must submit one application per event/project.
- The application must be submitted before the start of the project.
- All travel must start and end in New Brunswick. When this is not possible or practical, please contact the MID Program Officer.
- Projects must be completed by March 15, 2021.
Activities involving Showcases, Live Performances, and Marketing & Promotion are not eligible in this component. Please apply under their respective components
- The Applicant can be an individual or a registered business with Service NB (for groups and businesses). In both cases, applicants must be residents of New Brunswick twelve (12) consecutive months prior to the application.
- For projects submitted by businesses intended for artists: The artists must be residents of New Brunswick twelve (12) consecutive months prior to submitting an application.
- For groups, the majority of members must be residents of New Brunswick.
- Not-for-profit organisations may be eligible for this component. Please contact the MID Program Officer prior to submitting an application.
- Cover bands and tribute bands are not eligible. Exceptions may be made for blues, classical, jazz or traditional standards. Please contact the MID Program Officer prior to submitting an application.
Government Departments, public agencies or institutions, and public or private broadcasters are not eligible for MID funding. Not-for-profit organisations receiving funding from the Touring and Presenting Program - Touring Component or any other Tourism, Heritage and Culture funding programs are not eligible for MID funding.
- Up-to-date Applicant Profile;
- Detailed itinerary and travel plans, including locations and dates;
- Description of the event(s) to be attended;
- List of contacts and meetings planned;
- Professional Development: Description of training or mentorship;
- Professional Development: CVs or biographies of facilitators;
- If returning to a market, provide the rationale on why the applicant wish to further develop the market(s);
- Project Budget with specific expenses and revenues;
- Any other information relevant to your project.
2020-2021 Forms and documents
- Create Applicant Profile / Update Applicant Profile
- 2020-2021 Component Guidelines (pdf)
**All 2020-21 MID guidelines are subject to the COVID-19 updated information found in the document mentioned at the top of this page.
- 2020-2021 Application Form (Link)
- 2020-2021 Application Work + Budget Document (questions from the online form) (Word)
- MID Tour Itinerary Template (xls // pdf)
- Parent or Legal Guardian Consent Form (pdf)
- 2020-2021 Completion Report (Link) // Link to come
- 2019-2020 Completion Report (Link)
- Completion Report Work Document (Word) // Link to come
- Final Expenses and Revenues (Excel)
- Personal Vehicle Log (pdf)
- Payment Declaration Form (Word)
For more information, please contact the MID Program Officer on 506.383.6171 or by email at email@example.com