New Brunswick MUSIC INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT (MID) PROGRAM
LIVE PERFORMANCE COMPONENT | 2020-2021
** For updates to this component due to COVID-19, please read this document. To reflect the current reality of the music industry and to assist those who have been affected by COVID-19, the minimum number of confirmed dates required at the time of application for the Atlantic provinces has been changed from three (3) to one (1). At the moment, we are not accepting applications for international tour dates (including the US). **
- Provide investment for domestic and international live performance activity by New Brunswick artists.
- Increase the presence of New Brunswick artists in markets outside the province.
- Rolling deadline. No applications accepted after March 1, 2021.
- Applications must be submitted at the latest two (2) business days prior to the live performance date.
Decisions regarding the application will be communicated a maximum of two (2) weeks after the application has been submitted.
- Domestic tours and live performances: $5,000 per application
- International tours and live performances: $7,500 per application
- Minimum number of confirmed dates required at the time of application:
- Maritimes: one (1) confirmed dates
- Proof of booking for the minimum required confirmed dates must be submitted with the application (e.g. written contracts, agreements, email or social media conversation between the artist/management and the venue/promoter/festival, poster, Facebook event page set up by the venue, etc.)
- A maximum of 3 dates in negotiation can be submitted with the application. However, the date, location, venue and person with whom the applicant is corresponding need to be specified (e.g. email from the venue with a signature and/or from an email address such as info @ venuename.
- For dates presented within a 100-km radius of the artist’s home base, only artist fees can be claimed. No travel-related expenses will be accepted.
- The application must be submitted before the start of the project.
- All travel must start and end in New Brunswick. When this is not possible or practical, please contact the MID Program Officer.
- Projects must be completed by March 15, 2021.
A Live Performance application can include a showcase date but you cannot also submit a Showcase application for the same showcase(s). The corresponding conference registration or showcase fees are eligible and the official invitation must be included with the application.
- The Applicant can be an individual or a registered business with Service NB (for groups and businesses). In both cases, applicants must be residents of New Brunswick twelve (12) consecutive months prior to the application.
- For projects submitted by businesses intended for artists: The artists must be residents of New Brunswick twelve (12) consecutive months prior to submitting an application.
- For groups, the majority of members must be residents of New Brunswick.
- Cover bands and tribute bands are not eligible. Exceptions may be made for blues, classical, jazz or traditional standards. Please contact the MID Program Officer prior to submitting an application.
Government Departments, public agencies or institutions, and public or private broadcasters are not eligible for MID funding. Not-for-profit organisations receiving funding from the Touring and Presenting Program - Touring Component or any other Tourism, Heritage and Culture funding programs are not eligible for MID funding.
- Up-to-date Applicant Profile
- Detailed itinerary of live performance dates, including locations and travel days;
- If returning to a market, provide the rationale on why the artist wishes to further develop the market(s);
- Signed contracts, agreements or proof of booking between the artist/management and the venue, promoter, festival, etc. for a minimum of three (3) dates in the Maritimes and five (5) dates in Canada and/or international market;
- Quotes from all service providers (booking agents, publicists, technical crew, etc.);
- Information regarding the promotion and the marketing of the tour must be provided;
- Project Budget with specific expenses and revenues;
- Any other information relevant to your project.
2020-2021 Forms and documents
- Create Applicant Profile / Update Applicant Profile
- 2020-2021 Component Guidelines (pdf)
- 2020-2021 Application Form (Link)
- 2020-2021 Application Work + Budget Document (questions from the online form) (Word)
- MID Tour Itinerary Template (xls // pdf)
- Parent or Legal Guardian Consent Form (pdf)
- 2020-2021 Completion Report (Link)
- Personal Vehicle Log (pdf)
- Payment Declaration Form (Word)
- To submit a Completion Report for a project approved during the 2018-2019 or 2019-2020 fiscal year, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please contact the MID Program Officer by email at email@example.com