MUSIC INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT (MID) PROGRAM
Emerging Artist Component
To assist emerging artists from New Brunswick with the creation of tools and resources to further develop their career path.
Financial Contribution and Level of investment
Up to 75% of eligible expenses, to a maximum of $1,500. Applicants may only receive investment once under this component.
April 9, 2018 | 11:59 PM AST *Exceptionally, eligible expenses may be incurred starting April 1, 2018.
July 3, 2018 | 11:59 PM AST
November 1, 2018 | 11:59 PM AST
- Production of a professional demo recording (typically 2-3 tracks);
- Marketing, promotional branding and design;
- Promotional video;
- Other tools and resources designed to enhance the applicant’s career.
- Emerging artists who have never released a full-length recording. A full-length recording is defined as having a minimum of thirty (30) minutes of play time.
- Applicants hold the rights for materials to be recorded or owns the master of the eligible sound recording for which funding is being requested.
- Applicants must be residents of New Brunswick twelve (12) consecutive months prior to application, and have paid their last income taxes in New Brunswick.
- For groups, the majority of members must be residents of New Brunswick.
Note: Government Departments, public agencies or other public institutions, and public or private broadcasters are not eligible to submit applications to this Component.
- One (1) demo track (if applying for the production of a professional demo);
- Quotes from all service providers (studio, producer, graphic designer, etc.);
- Lyrics (if applicable);
- CVs or biographies of all relevant team members;
- A short narrative on how this project will help the applicant’s career;
- Filled Financial Report spreadsheet. This spreadsheet will be reviewed by the Program Officer and be returned to you with the approved amounts.
- Component Guidelines (pdf)
- Application Work Document (questions from online form) (pdf)
- Completion Report Work Document (pdf)
- Financial Report Spreadsheet (xls)
For more information, please contact the Program Officer on 506.383.6171 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org