New Brunswick MUSIC INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT (MID) PROGRAM
Sound Recording Component | 2020-2021
The Sound Recording component is closed for the 2020-2021 fiscal year. The next deadline will be mid-March 2021 for projects taking place between April 1, 2021 and March 31, 2022. Stay tuned for an update early February 2021.
- Provide investment for the production of New Brunswick sound recordings.
- Promote the development and growth of the New Brunswick music industry through providing opportunities to create, market and promote New Brunswick sound recordings with market potential.
- Encourage the career development of artists and the emergence of new talent and content.
- $ 6,000 per fiscal year
- Full-length albums (30+ minutes)
- Mini albums / EPs (15+ minutes)
- Market-ready singles
- Applicants must hold the rights for materials to be recorded or own the master of the eligible sound recording for which funding is being requested.
- In the case where the applicant is not the artist, contracts with the artist(s) relating to production and distribution of the album (exclusive sound recording contract, co-production, license, etc.) are required.
- The Applicant can be an individual or a registered business with Service NB (for groups and businesses). In both cases, applicants must be residents of New Brunswick twelve (12) consecutive months prior to the application.
- For projects submitted by businesses intended for artists: The artists must be residents of New Brunswick twelve (12) consecutive months prior to submitting an application.
- For groups, the majority of members must be residents of New Brunswick.
- Cover bands and tribute bands are not eligible. Exceptions may be made for blues, classical, jazz or traditional standards. Please contact the MID Program Officer prior to submitting an application.
Government Departments, public agencies or institutions, and public or private broadcasters are not eligible for MID funding. Not-for-profit organisations receiving funding from the Touring and Presenting Program - Touring Component or any other Tourism, Heritage and Culture funding programs are not eligible for MID funding.
- Up-to-date Applicant Profile;
- Full Album: Three (3) demo tracks;
- Mini-Album/EP: Two (2) demo tracks;
- Single: One (1) demo track of the proposed single;
- Quotes from all service providers (studio, producer, graphic designer, etc.);
- Lyrics (if applicable);
- CVs or biographies of all relevant team members;
- Project Marketing Plan (1,000 words max);
- Recording previously released works: If there are works that have previously been recorded and released by the applicant, a rationale must be provided why they are to be re-recorded;
- Project Budget with specific expenses and revenues.
- Any other information relevant to your project.
- 2020-2021 Completion Report (Link)
- Personal Vehicle Log (pdf)
- Payment Declaration Form (Word)
- To submit a Completion Report for a project approved during the 2018-2019 or 2019-2020 fiscal year, please email email@example.com.
For more information, please contact the MID Program Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org