Come Together | Canada’s Artist Showcase & Music Industry Development Initiative
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Wednesday, August 31 at 11:59 ET
After successfully launching the first Come Together Showcase and Industry Event last year in the heart of Toronto, Music•Musique NB is thrilled to partner with our MIA counterparts from across Canada who once again will be hosting this initiative for artists ready to break into Canada’s largest music market. Presented by Canada’s Music Industry Associations, SODEC and CIMA. As a collective, these organizations are working together to present two days of industry showcases and meetings in Toronto this November.
Come Together is an opportunity for export-ready artists from across Canada to meet with, build business relationships, and showcase for key music industry professionals from Toronto and surrounding areas including labels, agents, managers, publishers, music supervisors, publicists, and more. Participants will work directly with their music industry association to identify key music business contacts to invite and meet with. This event has goals beyond showcasing with a push towards industry connections, team building and business strategies for both artists and businesses. Selected artists will be provided with an honorarium.
Applicants considered for this opportunity must:
- Be an export-ready artist (able to capitalize on opportunities in Canada and internationally)
- Be prepared to participate in the promotion of the showcase on social media
- Have the financial capacity to undertake travel to and accommodations in Toronto (funding may be available but will not cover full costs)
- Be 18 years or older (including all performing members if applicable)
- Be available for meetings prior to the event via Zoom or in person leading up to and during November 14, 15 2022
- Be available to perform in Toronto on any of these days: November 14, 15 2022
- Have a current or upcoming release (demo / EP / full-length)
RULES & REGULATIONS:
- Majority of performing members must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
- Artist must be available to attend the showcase in Toronto in November 2022.
- Artist applicants must have an original short set (approximately 20 minutes).
- Artist should have a current album or digital release (within the last 36 months, or upcoming 6 months).
The safety of all involved is our priority and all guidelines from local health authorities will be communicated and strictly followed.