The Canadian Songwriting Challenge
NB Women+ Co-writing & Professional Development Intensive
Music-Musique NB is launching applications for a virtual Women+ Co-writing & Professional Development program, as part of the Canadian Songwriter Challenge! Singer-songwriters from across the province will meet and collaborate virtually on songs from May 28 to 31. Music industry pros will present panels and offer valuable tips and guidance throughout the program.
This initiative was created to provide a safe space and to give an equal chance for women+ to share their expertise & create in a collaborative setting.
The following topics are going to be part of the professional development component of this program:
- Co-writing & virtual co-writing
- Synchronization & Placements
- Building a team
- Touring: Adjusting with the changes in the industry
- Release strategies.
The Canadian Songwriter Challenge is a project of the Canadian Council of Music Industry Associations (CCMIA).
- New Brunswick resident for at least a year
- Part of the women+ community (this includes people that identify themselves as women and/or non-binary.)
- Available from May 28-31, 2020 from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Interest in co-writing virtually
- Seeking professional development
- Able to work fast
DEADLINE TO APPLY: May 13th, 2020