Penelope Stevens, of the Fredericton avant-punk trio Motherhood, was elected as president of Music•Musique NB (MNB)'s Board of Directors. She replaces Véronique Wade, owner of Agence Wade in Caraquet, who held the position since 2017.
When not touring with Motherhood, Penelope works for Feels Good Community and Capital Arts Support, two of Fredericton's most vibrant non-profit arts organizations. These organizations seek to support artists in all stages of development, through putting on events, writing grants, administering campaigns, and presenting Fredericton's most beloved festivals - Feels Good Folly Fest and Shivering Songs Festival. Penelope also works for Halifax-based label and management company Forward Music Group, supporting some of Canada's most esteemed songwriters in a variety of capacities.
"I'm excited to see where we go in 2020 and beyond!" says Ms. Stevens. "As the industry continues to change, I'm thrilled to support Music·Musique NB as we also change and develop. The last few years have celebrated huge moments in New Brunswick music and industry, and we're lucky to capitalize on these successes to keep moving New Brunswick music forward."
Diverse Board of Directors
MNB's Board of Directors recognized that it needed to aim for a better representation of their diverse membership. As a result, a Policy for Diversity at the Board Level was adopted. The addition of four new board members, elected during the 2019 Annual General Meeting which took place on June 15, will help bring fresh perspectives to the decision-making process of the association.
New Board Members
- Julie Aubé (Memramcook, Artist)
- Eva George (Fredericton, Industry)
- Indigo Poirier (Fredericton, Artist)
- Tracey Richard (Moncton, Artist)
Returning Board Members
- Zach Atkinson (Fredericton, Artist, Industry)
- Erin Bond (Harvey Station, Industry)
- Emilio Bonnell (Fredericton, Esgenoôpetitj First Nation, Artist)
- Brian Cleveland (Saint John, HR, Industry)
- Greg Landry // Treasurer (Moncton, Artist)
- James Steel // Vice-president (Saint Andrews, Industry)
- Penelope Stevens // President (Fredericton, Artist, Industry)
- Véronique Wade (Caraquet, Industry)
About Music•Musique NB
MNB is a provincial non-profit, association that works to develop, promote and celebrate New Brunswick’s music community and industry.