Can the gig bookers reach you? We always have people reach out to us, trying to get a member's contact info to book them for a show, and we often run into one or more of the following problem:
1. No email address in our database
2. An invalid email address or no response from that email
3. No phone number or a disconnect phone number
4. A Facebook Page with no contact info and no response to messages.
Don't make it hard for people who want to shower you with money! (Well, maybe not "shower", but at least drizzle...)
Four tips, because we are trying to overthrow the arbitrary tyranny of the number 5* :
1. Every few months, do a quick check of all your accounts (MNB membership page, Facebook, Twitter, Soundcloud, Tinder [we don't judge], etc.) and make sure your info is accurate and up-to-date.
2. Don't create too many accounts, especially if you are not active on those platforms.
3. Always look into the Spam folder! Unfortunately, the type of words used to say "We're interested in booking your band" are eerily similar to "I have money stuck in a bank account and if you send me 1000$, I will share it with you!"
4. Know Thyself! If you're not an email person, find someone in your band or in your circle of friends who is, and ask them to check your messages once in a while or get them forwarded. If you're a lonely hermit, then write up an automatic reply which details the best way to reach you. Pro Tip: Train a messenger pigeon to type your tweets. It will be both fitting AND hilarious!
What other tips to you have to Keep up with the Bookers?